MIG & TIG Specialist
Argon Industries, a rapidly growing contract manufacturer of light to medium sheet metal components, is looking for experienced employees.
Argon offers an excellent benefits package including: Health, dental, life, disability, 401K with match, Section 125, Shift Premiums, Holidays and Vacation.
Please provide salary requirements when applying for these positions.
To effectively and efficiently setup, operate manual welding equipment at Argon Industries.
• Understand that every employee at Argon Industries has the right and the obligation to stop production and contact a supervisor immediately if they deem it to be unsafe and if they have any quality concerns
• Read, interpret and understand blueprints and drawings
• Identify appropriate materials for the job, including the ability to check the type, size, quantity, quality and maintain traceability
• Qualify and then safely operate a forklift
• Properly utilize inspection equipment to accurately complete the job in accordance with ISO procedures
• Understand and adhere to Argon’s Employee Quality Policy & Requirements
• Perform basic machine maintenance along with keeping the necessary records and reporting any issues immediately to your supervisor.
• Complete jobs to customer specifications in a timely manner
• Watch and anticipate potential problems
• Correctly barcode, count and tag parts and document work performed on the traveler
• Maintain an orderly and clean work area at all times
• Learn and follow all procedures associated with the welding department, including customer and other specifications (AWS)
• MIG-able to weld mild steel from 20 gage to ¼” in multiple positions, pressure tested, cosmetic appearance a must
• Able to identify/read weld symbols and weld per print, customer requirements and other welding specifications (AWS), Materials include mild steel, stainless, aluminum, etc ranging from ¼” to 24 gage.
• Optimize/reduce setups, welding sequences and processes to maximize productivity, safety and quality (eliminating scrap)
• Responsible for prototypes, new jobs, highly cosmetic/difficult jobs, etc
• Review estimates, projects and jobs with sales, estimating and engineering to determine capability, run times, fixturing, etc
• Design and/or build welding fixtures, checking fixtures and templates
• Able to identify and install the proper wire rod per job/customer requirements
• Able to properly setup the machine per job/customer requirements
• Properly maintain, record and handle material, quality records, components, inventory, time, tooling, supplies, etc
• Train/Review new and existing employees
• TIG-able to weld Aluminum from .040 to 1/8” water tight with no bleed through, cosmetic appearance a must
• TIG-able to weld Stainless steel from 24 gage to 1/8” water tight with no bleed through, food service quality, cosmetic appearance a must
• AWS certified, CWI, Robotic programming
• Must have high character, enthusiasm and desire to meet or exceed the customers requirements
• Must be organized, detail oriented and dependable
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent
• Must have extensive welding experience
• Must be able to read complex blue prints
• Must have own tools
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
• Must complete a 90-day probationary period.
• Must have safety shoes
Exceptional wages for all positions. Please send your resume or come to our Milwaukee facility to fill out an application. Please contact our HR department for specific position questions by phone (414) 354-8939 or by submitting your inquiry through our general contact page.
Ask how you can become a member of the Argon Team, where pay and benefits are excellent and you make a difference.