Powder Coat Paint Supervisor
Safely directs production of the manufacturing operations of the company, working closely with the Plant Manager to help determine policy, production flow, staff development, and procedures to enable the business to run efficiently and profitably while maintaining high levels of quality control.
• Ensure safety of the personnel and compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with OSHA’s General Industry Standards.
• Analyze and supervise production schedules and processes to delegate workload and continually revise production schedules and priorities based on customer expedites.
• Must monitor and maintain quality standards reviewing both internal – First pass Quality and external – PPM.
• Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with part specifications, operating or production problems and/or to improve job margins.
• Monitor and maintain efficiencies standard” Indirect-gaps and line stoppages and Direct efficiencies – line speed and density.
• Develop and implement continuous improvement methods and techniques.
• Administer company policies. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with ISO Standards.
• Recommends improved manufacturing methods, layouts, equipment, and techniques and submits recommendations for approval. Conducts a continuous cost reduction program through the plant.
• Accountable for work flow planning, maintenance and production metrics.
• Interviewing and training employees. Appraising performance; motivating, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Minimum 5-10 years of powder coat manufacturing management experience.
• Must have extensive knowledge of: conveyor system, pretreatment chemical wash system (8 Stage), wash and curing ovens, efficient parts hanging techniques, and proper powder coat paint spraying techniques.
• Extensive experience in a dynamic job shop environment including quality control systems, management principles and practices, manufacturing processes, equipment and scheduling and inventory control methods.
• Identify and resolve very technical powder coat paint issues as well as interpersonal issues.
• Persistent, upbeat, positive, high energy, and thrives in a dynamic atmosphere of change.
• Must be able to troubleshoot product related problems, manage and prioritize numerous concurrent tasks, delegate, and manage work.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers.
• Ability to gain consensus, influence and inspire with excellent relationship management skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Exceptional organizational skill with ability to prioritizing multiple tasks.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Proficiency with Solidworks a plus.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office package and working knowledge/experience with MRP systems a must.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a manufacturing field preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as shop orders, purchase orders, and production documentation. Ability to complete pick lists, purchase orders, schedules and assigned reports. Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and other employees of the organization. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to multitask and remain organized in a dynamic environment.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software; Project Management software; Database software and Contact Management systems.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. There may be 3 shifts that might need coverage on occasion with the occasional overtime needed during the week and on weekends. The work hours may vary depending on the needs of the business. There may also be some local travel intermittently.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally loud.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, squat, reach and perform repetitive hand and finger movements.
• Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
• Must be able to pass general respirator medical evaluation.
• This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.