Manufacturing Process Engineer
Argon Industries, a rapidly growing contract manufacturer of light to medium sheet metal components, is looking for experienced employees.
Argon offers an excellent benefits package including: Health, dental, life, disability, 401K w/match, Section 125, Shift Premiums, Holidays and Vacation.
Please provide salary requirements when applying for these positions.
**Argon Industries offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, life, disability, and 401k programs.
• Knowledge of sheetmetal/fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, materials, welding, assembly methods and quality control standards to develop evaluate and improve manufacturing systems and methods throughout the production process to meet or exceed the customer’s requirements.
• Determine, in a timely manner, from drawings, samples and customer interface the most efficient and expedient method of fabricating parts and assemblies related to the required/optimal rate of production and in such a manner as to eliminate as much as possible any questions, doubts or assumptions by manufacturing. They are to develop accurate and complete routing and drawings specifying the sequence of the manufacturing process, process treatments and finishes, for assemblies and fabrications. They may need to order, develop and/or coordinate the purchase of; special tooling, fixtures, and the necessary steps to follow in the manufacture of such tools or fixtures.
• Responsible for drawing changes, changes to routings/travelers, supplier requirements, etc., issuing the necessary paperwork to make the changes and coordinating the process to assure that all the changes are made in an expeditious manner.
• Possess extensive sheet metal manufacturing knowledge. They are to establish and foster working relationships and coordinate with shop personnel, quality, suppliers, customers, estimating, sales and department heads on the correct methods and procedures and assist them in solving manufacturing problems.
• Will assure the Engineering Department produces work that is complete, timely and accurate and conforms to all of the procedures, polices, contractual/customer, and regulatory requirements. They need to maintain accurate and detail records and schedules of work assigned; supervise and instruct other Engineering Department personnel.
• Duties may involve miscellaneous functions such as analyzing, investigating and preparing facility studies relative to plant areas, rates, machinery and equipment cost, and recommending proper machines to be purchased; reviewing work to be subcontracted and advising and assisting sub-contractors on Production Engineering and Manufacturing problems.
• Thorough understanding of the sheet metal and assembly processes. Ideally they would have 6+years of personal experience in manufacturing operations, including hands on experience with lasers, cnc-turrets, cnc-press brakes and mig, tig, robotic welding, fixture building and assemblies.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form.
• Deal with several abstract and concrete variables, with the ability to visualize three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings
• Thorough understanding and experience with CAD 3-D modeling- Solidworks/Sheetmetal, etc
• The Manufacturing Engineer must be a strong communicator, a dedicated teacher and a bridge builder between engineers, supervisors, production personnel, suppliers, customers, sales and estimating.
• In keeping with our culture, the Manufacturing Engineer is dedicated to using their knowledge, experience and all other means available to produce and deliver an accurate and complete product to manufacturing that will put them in the best possible position to succeed..
• The ability to anticipate the effects of change
• Persistence and determination when problem-solving
• Accuracy and thoroughness
Exceptional wages for all positions. Please send your resume or come to our Milwaukee facility to fill out an application. Please contact our HR department for specific position questions by phone (414) 354-8939 or by submitting your inquiry through our general contact page Contact
Ask how you can become a member of the Argon Team, where pay and benefits are excellent and you make a difference.